What is shapewear?
Foundation garments have been around for many centuries. Take for example the illustrious corset, a garment worn to mold and shape the upper body into a desired shape for aesthetic or medical purposes. They were worn over as well as underneath clothing as part of the fashion of the times, or by people with spinal problems such as scoliosis. In that case a corset was ordered to immobilize and protect the torso.
History shows that specific styles of foundation garments have been worn mostly by, but not exclusively, women. As early as the 1790’s in England and France, short waist cinchers and even some full corsets were designed especially for men. Victorian men in the 19th century wore more cylindrical corsets "as a means to have a dignified, stiff bearing when wearing their uniform,” a custom our modern-day soldiers no longer practice. That doesn’t mean that waist-shapers for men have completely disappeared. Actually, that branch of the clothing industry is quite alive and doing well, still helping men with their posture and chronic back problems.
Shapewear or Slimwear are undergarments designed to change the wearer's shape, producing a more fashionable, slim figure and to enhance the natural curves of the body. They include fitted underwear pieces like bodysuits, brassieres (bra), control slips, camisoles, briefs, hip slips and waist shapers.
Take for example easy-to-wear, slimming & firming briefs. They are designed to lift your bottom, flatten your tummy and add shape and form to your thighs. Depending on the particular fit you pick, they can also help eliminate unsightly underwear lines, giving you a smooth, contoured silhouette regardless if you are wearing pants, skirts or dresses.
Today’s foundation undergarments have four different support levels:
- Light Control shapewear garments, which offers a slight touch of control without binding. They are the perfect choice for women of all sizes who want to appear firmer, but not necessarily smaller.
- Moderate Control shapewear garments may have light control panels built in, offering control with a touch of compression. They are the perfect option for any woman who wants to look more toned.
- Firm Control shapewear garments are the most popular with a support level that gives the maximum amount of compression and control. They are perfect for any woman seeking to appear slimmer and more toned.
- Extra Firm Control shapewear garments offer the highest level of support possible. These garments will most likely have reinforced panels and possibly boning.
- Fashion Design Courses Online
Stephanie Blog is the ultimate in fashion sites across the world wide web. Find fantastic tips and tricks to enhance your look this season.
Where to buy shapewear?
For a wide range of shapewear products visit SlimWear.com.au best Australian online shapewear shop.